GDPR in Master International
GDPR - IT IS ALL ABOUT PROTECTING THE INFORMATION OF THE INDIVIDUAL … and with Master International you can rest assured that your test provider is fully GDPR compliant.
We have partnered with the law firm Plesner and received 3rd party certification from Deloitte for our GDPR compliance, in accordance with the ISAE 3000 standard. When processing personal data, e.g. for HR purposes, you are required to actively take responsibility for how the data are handled. With the Master METIS platform both the candidates’ as well as the employees’ test results are consolidated in a single system. Not only is the HR flow in Master METIS fully data driven, it also ensures that the subjects’ personal data, be it data from candidates or employees, is 100% in compliance with the GDPR, even after they have left your company. Master METIS is always fully updated to align with any new requirements and updates from the GDPR.
Briefly anout GDPR - What is is and why it is important for your HR flow?
The new GDPR, effective from May 25th 2018, is designed to protect individuals from infringement of privacy rights and misuse of personal data. This is no less important when handling HR flows – just think about the amount of personal data you process for talent acquisition and talent management. Do not take any chances – a breach in a single step of the process could result in significant financial penalties to your company and reduce the overall brand value. Let Master International help you to safely handle the HR flow of personal data in compliance with the GDPR – use the Master METIS HR platform.
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation. It is a harmonized regulation to strengthen and unify data protection within the EU, including possible export of data outside the EU. It is applicable to all kinds of businesses that handle personal data, and it is designed to protect the registered person’s power over their own data – thereby protecting personal information. The GDPR requires that companies keeping personal data should actively take responsibility for how the data are handled.
How can the Master METIS platform benefit your HR flow? Click here to read more.
Practical steps for your company to become GDPR compliant
Below is a list of actions to help you comply with the GDPR in your HR processes. Please feel free to use them and do not hesitate to contact us to discuss, how the Master METIS platform can help you actively take responsibility for the way data are handled in your HR flow.
10 steps to actively take responsibility for the way your HR data are handled
- Define a cross functional working group
- Divide your HR flow in phases – before, during and after the hiring
- Map your data streams taking the above-mentioned phases into consideration
- Get an overview of the rules within the GDPR
- Find the areas in your described phases, where you might be non-compliant with the GDPR
- Correct the areas you found to be non-compliant with the GDPR
- Set up a procedure for controlling your compliance with the GDPR going forward
- Describe your procedures for the handling of HR data (everything should be documented)
- Plan ways to educate your employees to follow the GDPR
- Decide when and how you will follow up (e.g. quarterly or semiannually)